Pages

Saturday 2 June 2018

Review: Puma Descendant v2 Running shoe



After wore it in 200km, here's the review:

1. Snug and fit toebox
In positive way, it felt like entire shoe hug tight my feet. I had a thought maybe this shoe suit for sockless style. Instead going sockless i bought a few pairs of thin running sock to deal with it. Sockless it's not my style. Now i play with lacing pattern to make toebox little bit roomier. 

2. Moderate/hard cushion
It felt less cushioned then my old shoes (New Balance 880 v). at the beginning, i felt my calf already start screaming after a 2km. After wore in 200km and try to use it few times in 7k run session, the cushion still felt hard. Cushion shock little bit helping. 

3. Stability surprisingly well
I can felt my midfoot touch the surface, i think the outsole design play nice in this term. It help when use it in broken surface/trail even the grip its little bit loosely (it a road running shoes, not a trail : D)



4. Grippy enough in wet concrete
Even the outsole design look doesn't provide grip, surprisingly i ran nicely in wet concrete.  

5. Moderate ventilation
I can't felt the wind breeze but temperature inside shoe felt well enough.

In short, this shoe clearly not my favorite running shoes, but it can serve me for everyday (simple design, neutral color with little bit highlight) or spare running shoes. I don't think to use it in long run session. 

Run On!


No comments: